California Family and Marriage Visa Lawyer
California Family & Marriage Visa Lawyer

Get the help you & your family need, every step of the way

You don’t need a large Law Firm, you need a Personal & Professional Lawyer. With Cabrera & Hart, your case will always be a priority.

Image link

California's Best Family & Marriage Visa Lawyer

Our team understands the complexity of family-based petitions and their constant changes. As green card holders or U.S citizens, you may be able to sponsor certain relatives under this process – but navigating it can feel daunting without experienced guidance. With our lawyers’ unique insight into these tricky circumstances, we are here to help with kindness and care; offering answers for your worries every step along the way!

Let's Talk About Your CaseView The Process

The legal team at Cabrera & Hart APC is experienced & ready to get your family members U.S. Citizenship!

Our family visa services grant families the opportunity to reunite and live out their American dream. With a deep understanding of relationships between loved ones, our experienced attorneys have successfully helped hundreds of individuals begin new lives together in America.

Every year, over 200,000 families make an effort to bring loved ones closer. Yet sadly, out of these petitions a significant portion are denied or outright rejected by US immigration authorities – costing precious time and money in the process. Secure your future together with experienced legal representation today!

View Family & Marriage Visa Process

Your Personal Immigration Attorney

Your consultation will Always be with a licensed U.S. attorney, never a paralegal.

Winning Track Record & Customized Services

Customized case plan, tailored to meet your specific needs.

Compassionate & Affordable Family Services

Convenient payment plans, making the process accessible for every budget.

I’m here to help you keep your family together

You're only 3 steps away from starting your family's journey to U.S. Citizenship

The first step is the hardest part! Contact me today and I’ll guide you on your family’s journey to U.S. Citizenship. I’m prepared to guide you through this process, ensuing your loved ones have the best chance of success.

Step 1
Schedule Consultation

Call us to schedule your attorney consultation, via video call or phone.

Step 2
Case Review

Attorney will analyze your case & create an individualized case plan that best meets your family's needs

Step 3

A questionnaire along with a document checklist, to guide you through the process.

Step 4
Case preparation

Document and form compilation for final review.

Step 5
Document analysis

Attorney will review all documents and forms, ensuring your application is ready for submission

Step 6
File your case!

Your case will be filed by our office, guiding the process through completion.

Step 7
Interview Prep

We will schedule your interview prep with our attorney to ensure you are well prepared & confident on the day of your interview. Your attorney may accompany you on your interview.

Step 8
Case Approval!

Now that you have U.S. Citizenship, we are still here to guide you in anyway we can.

Who qualifies for a family-based green card?

If you are a U.S. citizen over the age of 21, you can petition for the following immediate relatives:

Your spouse
Your unmarried children under the age of 21
Your parents
A child you adopted in a foreign country
A foreign-born child to be adopted in the U.S.

You can also petition for the following family members, but they are not considered immediate family members. Therefore the wait time for a green card is much longer:

Unmarried sons and daughters aged 21 and above
Married sons and daughters
Siblings aged 21 and above

Lawful permanent residents (green card holders) may sponsor:

Unmarried children under the age of 21
Unmarried children 21 and older

K-1 Visa “Fiancé Visa”:

U.S. citizens can also petition for their fiancé abroad and his or her child through the K-1 visa. This visa requires that the marriage take place in the U.S. within 90 days of the fiancé arrival on the K-1 visa. This visa does not grant lawful permanent residency, and you must fulfill all requirements after marriage.


Have a question? Check these answers.

A Sponsor’s financial responsibility for a Beneficiary is serious business – entering into an affidavit of support binds the Sponsor to pay any potential future government assistance received by their charge. This commitment remains in force until either US citizenship has been achieved or 40 qualifying quarters of employment (the equivalent of roughly ten years) have passed within American borders.

If you’re unable to support your visa application financially, a joint sponsor can become an invaluable ally. This kind of backup could be someone from your family or even a friend who agrees to take on the same financial obligations that would normally fall onto you in case government aid is needed for your wife’s expenses down the line.

If you and your spouse were married less than two years prior to the interview, a special 2-year Conditional Green Card can be issued. Within 90 days of it’s expiration date though, an additional petition must be submitted if you wish to obtain the standard 10-year permanent card!

If your adult child is a U.S. citizen, he or she may be able to help you obtain lawful permanent residency (green card). Before making any decisions about the process, it’s important to review all of your options with an experienced immigration lawyer so that every potential issue can be addressed and taken into consideration.

Yes, If you are married to the mother of your stepchild prior to their 18th birthday, then you can file for a green card on their behalf.

A successful marriage-based immigration case is built on a strong foundation. U.S. immigration officers have to review your paperwork, and rely mainly on what you tell them during the interview – so it’s important for couples to be able to demonstrate cohabitation as well as financial entanglement in order satisfy all criteria needed for success!

Ask Us a Question

Get the answers you need with an online consultation with a professional family immigration lawyer.